Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 90: Excuses, Excuses.


It’s been a rough week. 

Easter made me gain weight. [Stupid chocolate bunnies and eggs and candy]

I’ve been taking some awful medication with terrible side effects.

My medication makes me gain weight and retain water.

I’ve had to eat out for lunch for work almost every day this week.

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses.

Why am I being such a whiney-butt this week!  Yes, it’s been a tough week, and I’ve been trying to get over taking the most awful medication ever [When you stop Prednisone, you actually go through withdrawals!!!!]. BUT, these are all a bunch of excuses. 
I am the best rationalizer ever.  I would beat anyone at an excuse throwing contest.  I am the queen of reasoning away anything worth my while.  That is a horrible trait!  I have to stop.  There is the truth, and that’s all I need to be concerned with.

I can lean on my hubby when I have a rough week.

I know how to limit my food intake…even on Easter.

I don’t have to fold my good intentions because I am uncomfortable.

I can drink extra water to curb water weight gain.

I can make good choices for lunch at any restaurant.

It all boils down to this.  I ate too much.  When you eat more than the amount you need, you don’t lose weight.  You gain weight.  Don’t do it, and you won’t gain weight!  It’s as simple as that.

No excuses.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment