Monday, June 30, 2014

Bet Your Bottom Dollar

Have you heard of Diet Bets [www.dietbetter.com]?  My friend Michele told me about the website, and I love the idea!  Basically you create or join a group of people  who want to lose weight, and you put your money where your mouth is.  You buy in to the bet, and whoever achieves their goal, splits the pot.  

My lovely friend Michele and me at a Braves game a few years ago.

So I created a diet bet that I am doing with some girlfriends.  Not really to get more money, but to create more accountability.  No one wants to lose a bet!  The bet is to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks...yikes!  It doesn't sound like much, but once you do the math, you may decide it's too hard.  Not this gal!  I am super excited to push my calorie level back down to a little over 1200 to achieve my 4 week goal.  [sarcasm]

I started to diet on Sunday, and it's only been Monday and I want to quit!  I was so spoiled by eating pretty much whatever in reason.  It's back to frozen dinners for lunch and light popcorn for snacks.  Although I did find some Dole chocolate covered frozen strawberry halves at 4 for 60 cals.  Pretty good! [and delish!] Now I need to find out all the snacks that are under 100 cals and taste fantastic.  Got any suggestions?  

No turning back now though.  I will survive on a calorie restricted diet, and I will be much healthier in 4 weeks...and 4% lighter!!!

Bet your bottom dollar I will succeed at this diet bet!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment