Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 52: I Love/Hate Exercise


Monday morning, the Marimba ring tone floats softly into my dream about folding laundry sitting in a church pew during a Sunday morning church service.  I look around wondering where the melody is coming from.  Then, I open my eyes and I’m lying in bed.  It’s my iphone that is singing the Marimba ring tone to remind me to get up and go work out.  I don’t particularly like dreaming about folding laundry in church, but I’d rather do that in my warm cozy bed than get up!  So I look at my phone and turn off the alarm.  Then I feel a scratchy feeling in my throat.  SCORE!  Sore throat.  Can’t go to the gym with a sore throat, right?!  No way.  If I do that then it will get worse and turn into a full blown cold [given to me by my sweet little girl who likes giving kisses…a lot, even when she has a runny nose…cute but still yuck].  So, I reset my alarm for 6:45 and got an extra hour of sleep.  I got up then, drank an Emergen-C, and the sore throat eventually went away…and no cold!  Was it worth it?  Yes and no.
Yes:  I got another hour of sleep and thwarted the powerful efforts of a cold! 

No:  I had only 1200 calories for the day.  Yikes!  No exercise calories to pull up the slack!  AND I’ve been craving chocolate like a maniac [like most women do at least once a month].  Double Yikes!
Needless to say, the handful of M&M’s and the 3 thin mint cookies put me over my calories for the day by about 150.  THIS IS WHY I NEED TO EXERCISE!  Not only does it make me happy that I can have those few pieces of chocolate, but it also just makes my brain happy too!  I feel like I have done something great for myself.  I get a little self esteem boost too.  That could even let me be able to say no the 5th or 6th thin mint.  Woohoo! [Thank goodness a serving of Thin Mints is 4 cookies].

Tuesday morning, the Marimba ring tone comes into my deep dreamy state with a shock.  Time to get up!  No sore throat and I’m ready to throw down on the treadmill. 
Let’s do this!
[Insert Eye of the Tiger]
I may have had two thin mints this morning...but I earned it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment