Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 22: Wake Up, Exercise, Eat, Repeat

As we have discussed before in this blog, Mondays pretty much are the worst day of the week.  You have a great weekend, stay up too late, maybe have some cocktails, and then the alarm brings in the reality that you have to get out of bed before the sun comes up.  You have to go work out [or you won’t do it later].  You have to get kids up and make breakfast. And finally, you have to go to work!  I am so very blessed to have the job I have.  My boss is awesome, and I work for a great company.  I enjoy my job.  BUT [no offense to my job and co-workers] I would rather be at home with my hubs and baby…like everyone else in the world!

So, here are some ways to get you motivated and out the door in the morning….especially a Monday.
http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/quick-start-morning-workout
Wake Up!

Exercise.

It is soooo easy to hit snooze, and not get out of bed in the morning.  But hey, if working out and losing weight were easy, no one would be overweight!  It’s hard to wake up earlier, but if you do it for a week or two it becomes a habit.  [My inner trainer gives me a guilt trip if I don’t get up.]  Even getting up 15 minutes early and doing some easy moves will get your heart going, and your metabolism revved up for a day of burning fat!  Shape Magazine has a good 15 minute mini work out for the mornings: http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/quick-start-morning-workout
 
http://www.thekitchn.com/10-makeahead-breakfasts-to-sta-155762
Yum, yogurt parfait!


Eat Breakfast.
A lot of people skip breakfast, but that is a no-no.  Your body needs fuel in the morning to be able to get your metabolism going and start burning fat.  This morning I made Ellis and I some Kashi blueberry waffles, and an egg each.  I didn’t even dirty a dish!  I scrambled the egg in a paper bowl, microwaved it for 45 seconds…done.  Then I just popped the waffles in the toaster and then put a little Brummel and Brown yogurt spread on them.  Delish.  I’ve also made up a bunch of breakfast burritos for Matt and I, and just put them in the fridge to heat up each morning.  Just scramble a bunch of eggs [I used egg substitute, less fat and calories], add in some chopped peppers and onions [I buy the frozen ones to be easy], spread some refried beans on a whole wheat tortilla, load with eggs, sprinkle with some cheese and salsa.  Then just wrap them up individually in plastic wrap, and you are done!  Reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.  Here are some other ideas from The Kitchn: http://www.thekitchn.com/10-makeahead-breakfasts-to-sta-155762

 I love the yogurt fruit parfaits in canning jars!

Repeat!
Like I said before, if you can take a few weeks to do these things, they will become good habits.  Maybe set two alarms, in the morning so that if you hit snooze, you have a back up alarm.  I put my workout clothes in the bathroom the night before, so I just have to roll out of bed and walk into the bathroom to change and not have to search for socks or shoes.  Maybe make a pan of breakfast casserole [healthy version] for Sunday breakfast, and then reheat pieces for breakfast during the week. 

I hope this helps you a little, and encourages you some to get up and get going…even on a Monday.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment