Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 5: TGIF…Yikes!


Thank God it’s Friday.  To most people that phrase is followed my giant smiles and maybe a couple Woohoo’s.  I [on the other hand] am stricken with fear.  I love, love, love the weekend, but my diet does not!  When I am at work all week, I am busy at my desk.  I don’t have time to walk around and think about how bored I am and how much I want to eat something.  I only have my nice little can of soup at my desk and maybe some yummy Soy Crisps [awesome crispy puffed rice and soy crisps that pack an awesome 5 grams of protein per serving, and only 120 calories for 17!!!].  I may have some hot chocolate or a piece of Dove chocolate as an indulgent snack.  The temptation to eat bad stuff or over indulge is just not there.
At home, during the day, the pretzels are calling me.  The Ice cream is calling me.  The peanut butter is calling me.  The cheese is calling me.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not cutting any of these OUT of my diet, I just have to pick and choose what I can eat during each day.  When I’m at home, I want all of it!  
So, I need some kind of a plan.  Maybe portion out a serving of pretzels that I can eat, so I won’t hijack the whole bag.  Maybe I need to plan out exactly what I am going to eat each day.  I don’t really know to tell you the truth!  I need help with that.
The thing is, the weekend symbolizes having fun and not having the restrictions of work and schedules.  It also means going out to dinner and maybe having a few drinks.  Well, adult beverages have lots of calories! 
·         Margarita, large – 325 calories

·         Regular Beer, pint – 205 calories

·         Cosmo – 215 calories

·         Dirty Martini – 325 calories

·         Gin and Tonic – 200 calories

·         Red Wine, my 7 oz. pour – 175 calories
If you have two beers, then you have to do 45 minutes of a Spin class to burn it off!  Yuck!  The best way to have an adult beverage on a diet is to pick your liquor of choice and add it to some club soda or diet soda.  My friend Mariah introduced me to Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum and diet coke.  Yum!  It tastes like Cherry Coke!  Just make sure to MEASURE [don’t forget Day 4!].
Me and Mariah at the Buffett concert 2012
So I guess this is what I need to do. 
Figure out how to eat small, controlled portions of my snack food I like, make sure I get enough protein and fruits and veggies, work out [no, not on the weekend!], and measure my drinks!  Go for a walk, hike around Stone Mountain, do a workout DVD, or [dare I say] go to the gym.  But, beware of the gym on the weekend.  Only the really die-hard, rock-bodied, and steal-minded [and butted] people show up on the weekend.  That’s ok, because one of these days, I’m going to be one of them!  Woohoo!

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment