Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 9: Tiramisu! Come on!

Yep, that's right.  Tiramisu.  Chocolate, Raspberry Tiramisu.  The Devil Incarnate.

I work as sales support for Mitsubishi Electric, and today my awesome boss had a meeting that I helped with and attended.  We had delicious catering with chicken and eggplant parmesan, cauliflower panna cotta, mushroom goat cheese ravioli, and [the devil himself] chocolate raspberry tiramisu.  Layers of fluffy custard and cream with liquor soaked lady fingers.  Are you kidding me?  Ok, I got a really small piece, and only ate half.  Ok, I only ate 2/3rds of it. 

I have no idea what the amounts of calories or fat or sugars that were in that little piece of heaven [the devil can where many disguises!].  I was able to have a walk with Matt, Ellis and Chobee.  I actually carried Ellis in the really cool carrier my parents used with us!  HA!

Hiking in North Georgia Dec 2012
 

Deserts.  I love them, but they really love my butt.  They just want to hang out there all the time.  They don't get the hint that they are not welcome to stay!  I have leaned on fruit for my sweet tooth.  I found some awesome strawberries at Kroger this weekend, so I made this yummy dessert here.  I made this for dinner at our friends house, the Desai's.  My sweet friend Sam left dessert to me because she is awesome, and she knows I am trying to lose some of the baby weight.

Strawberry Mason Jar Trifles


What I've learned is to not deprive myself of some of the bad stuff, but be smart and measure.  Maybe eat half a serving instead of that whole serving.  Maybe get the 1/2 the fat ice cream instead of the whole fat.

Here is what I'm going to try next, baked apples with fat free ice cream...ok, my mouth just watered.

Take that Tirami-freakin-su! 

No comments:

Post a Comment